Rental Property Insurance

Protect your investment

Troublesome tenants. Vandalized rental property. Fire damage that makes your rental uninhabitable while the mortgage needs to be paid. Stolen mowing equipment. Your tenant’s guest breaking a leg on your property. All of these are part of being a landlord, so it is extremely important to obtain and maintain proper Rental Property coverage in order to protect your investment.

Get a Quote

Protection For Your Investment Property

Rental Property Insurance protects your rental property or unit against fire and weather damage and, depending on the type of policy, against vandalism and theft. It also provides liability coverage in case your tenant is liable for bodily injury or property damage. Finally, it includes coverage for lost income if your property cannot be rented while being repaired or replaced after a covered loss.

At Kuzbiel Insurance Brokers, we work with a variety of carriers that specialize in insuring rental properties to make sure that your investment is properly covered. We also review your policy at every renewal and keep you informed about any alternative offers.

Require Your Tenants to Get Renters Insurance

We highly recommend that you make renters insurance a requirement in your rental lease agreement. It can decrease the risk of a lawsuit if, for example, your tenant’s guest gets injured on your property. If you file a claim for damages for which the tenant was responsible, their renters policy will cover your policy deductible. Renters insurance will cover their personal belongings, which are not protected by your rental property insurance. Finally, it will help with temporary housing if your property is uninhabitable after a loss.

Renters insurance can cost as little as $20 per month. Visit our Renters Insurance page or contact us for more information.

Short-Term & Airbnb Rentals

If your lease is shorter than 6 months or if you rent your home, or part of your home, via Airbnb or other home-sharing services, your rental property insurance policy may not be enough. Please talk to us about coverage options for your specific situation.

Visit our Home-Sharing Insurance page or contact us for more information.

rental property coverage

Options to Consider


Coverage for the physical structure of your rental property or unit.

Building Codes

Coverage for additional costs incurred due to required upgrades to wiring or ventilation to make them conform to current regulations when your rental property is repaired or replaced after a covered loss.

Other Structures

Coverage for the physical structure of buildings on your rental property that are separate from the house (detached garage, shed, fence).

Water Backup

Usually not included in a standard policy, this additional coverage helps protect you against water damage caused by your sewer backing up or your sump pump breaking.

Landlord Property

Coverage for your belongings on-site, used to service the rental property (i.e. mowing equipment, snowblower).


Usually available by endorsement, optional coverage for vandalism damage to your rental property.

Landlord Liability

Coverage against lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage that your tenants are liable for.

Loss of Income

Coverage for the lost income during the time that your property cannot be rented out due to a covered loss.